Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Note On Comments

I just wanted to quickly address the increasing number of anonymously rude comments that have been coming in lately. I have no issues with people voicing their opinions. In fact, the sole purpose of a blog is to stimulate discussion and nurture a variety of viewpoints. However, on the other hand when bitter souls are anonymously leaving unproductive comments that contribute nothing but negativity to a post, that's where I draw the line.

I moderate this blog on my own time and do not care for this kind of (anonymous) cowardice. I do not get paid to do this, I do it simply because I love photography. Now I know this only applies to a few people out there, but I wanted to let everyone know where I'm coming from. I ultimately do not want to restrict commenting altogether because I believe that worthwhile discussions can occur in comment feedback.

So, if you have something critical to say:

1. Don't Be Anonymous
2. Say It Constructively
3. And if you do have an issue with this blog and want to be negative, e-mail me directly

Like I said before, I know this only applies to a very few souls in the blogosphere. I would like to thank all of you who have contributed meaningful, name specific feedback on this blog.