Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sanna Kannisto's Private Collection & Field Studies

I found Sanna Kannisto's projects Private Collection & Field Studies via the Helsinki School website. In the statement for the work, Kannisto declares:

"My work explores the relationship between nature and culture. In my artistic work I aim to study the methods, theories and concepts through which we approach nature in art and in science. As an artist I am attracted by the idea that when I am working in a rain forest I am a 'visual researcher'.

In my series' Private Collection and Field Studies I was interested in borrowing methods of representation, as well as working methods, from the natural sciences, from anthropological and archaeological practices and from still-life painting tradition to use in my photographic work."











All photographs from the projects Private Collection & Field Studies

All Images © Sanna Kannisto